CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 22, 2017

An original poem that no one will read.


I See You

R. Gaudreau 5/22/17

 
I see you
I see your worth and your perseverance
I see your beauty and your kindness
I see your strength

I see me
I see my flaws and my impatience
I see the blemishes and the hurtful words
I see weakness

I try my best to lift you up in your dark times
In the quiet of night I tear myself apart
I encourage you to see what I see in you
Discouraged that I can’t believe it for myself
 
 I see you through the lens of clarity
The lens of criticism clouds my reflection
Are we all the same?
Or am I so different?

You see me
You see my value and determination
You see me as attractive and intelligent
You see character
 
You see me.
How do you perceive yourself?
I see you in light.
Unable to escape my darkness.
 
 

0 comments: